Monday, September 24, 2012

this weekend.

This weekend was perfect and glorious. B was off work for the entire weekend and so we got to spend the weekend being lazy and relaxed.

Saturday we woke up, went to our favorite local deli for lunch, and then hit up some of our favorite  vintage shops here in Baton Rouge. I'm looking for some fun, boyish furniture for Baby S that won't fall apart within a year or two. But after hitting up a few shops with no luck, we decided to head to Denham Springs to check out the Antique District.

I've had a few unique ideas for decor for Baby S's nursery but I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg to make these ideas become a reality. Obviously, we're parents on a budget. BUT, lo and behold, three ideas that I had will become a reality!

Idea 1:

I really, really, really want Baby S to have a library. Like a legit book collection. I want to read to him all the time. I love to read and I really loved to read as a child and I want Baby S to enjoy it as much as I do. But bookshelves are either really expensive, really cheap, or ugly. So I've been trying to find a fun way, unique way to store his books. And I found one:


Brandon and I found a few old wood crate boxes that will be mounted on his walls for book storage. I love the rustic feel and for less than $10, it's very affordable for us.

Idea 2:

Since the boxes were so cheap, I may have gotten a little over-excited and purchased a few too many. But obviously, I don't want 8 boxes hanging on his wall. That would be just too much. So Brandon will be Mr. Handyman again and turning some of them into toy storage. I'm going to have to sand them down a lot to make sure Baby doesn't get splinters when trying to grab to his toys but I think it is so cute.


Again, super cheap. The only thing we're going to have to buy are the wheels.

Idea 3: 

Baby S is going to have a lot of blankets. Most baby's do. And I don't want to hide them away in a closet. So we found the sweetest vintage ladder for baby blanket storage...


Again, super cheap, rustic, and efficient. 

What I love most about all of these ideas is that we spent maybe around $35 for all these items, so if they don't look right or don't work the way we imagine, it's not like we're going to be out a ton of cash. But I think they'll add a unique, boyish charm to Baby S's nursery! Bring on the sandpaper, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment