Sunday, September 16, 2012

a quilt.

This past Tuesday, I had the most awesome day with my mom. I've been lucky to have my mom (and Brandon's mom, for that matter) be so involved in this little baby's life... and to think, he hasn't even graced us with his presence yet! 

My mom is planning on making the bedding for our little boy since I'm really not into a lot (or any) of the baby bedding out there that they have for little boys. Basically, we have two choices... farm animals or sports paraphernalia. And no thanks to both. 

And so on Tuesday, mom and I went on the hunt for some fabric that she could begin the quilt with. After a few unsuccessful trips to Hancock Fabrics and a quilting shop that had closed, we found the cutest little shop that had some of the most modern and stylish fabric. And we found lots of fabric we loved!


I couldn't be more excited for the finished product. 

We also found the paint colors' for the nursery, which turned out to be easier than I thought since mom was wearing the exact color navy on her dress (because, yes, I am being very particular about the navy that will be in this room...). 

I feel like it's becoming more "real" now. Like, this little being growing and kicking inside of my belly will eventually come out. And then some moments I feel like I may just be pregnant forever and never be able to enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine again. 

BUT, as soon as the weather cools just a bit more (hopefully in the next week or two), I'm going to enlist the help of my brothers' and get the spare furniture out of the what will become the nursery. And then we (my mom, Brandon, and I) will begin the fun process of creating a room for a little boy that will be here in 16 short weeks! 

16 weeks. Sounds so soon. Like, I'm going to blink and then have a baby in my arms. I need to really try and remember to stop and take this all in because I feel like it's just going by so, very fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment