Thursday, September 6, 2012

Everything changes.


I've had the same car since my sophomore year of college. After wrecking my Mitsubishi Gallant, my dad gave me his car, a 2001 Toyota Camry. That was almost 6 years ago. But even before that, my family had the ole' Camry... as far back as my high school days. It's weird now when I'm driving in it to look in the rearview mirror and think that not too long ago, I was sitting in that very backseat with my two brothers while we drove with my parents to church. And then to imagine that in 4 months, I'll have my own baby back there. It's quite a crazy feeling.

I've driven to parties in that car, road-tripped in that car, got a few first kisses in that car, and laughed and cried and even been broken up with in that car. I practically lived out of that car when Brandon and I first started dating... always keeping a spare toothbrush and some bobby pins in the center console. I even remember recently using that car to stop by Walgreens to buy a pregnancy test, being scared out of my mind, and praying to God the whole way home that the outcome would be what He thought was best. And now... well, now I'm shopping for a baby seat for that car.

I can't help but think of how much my life has changed since my parents first drove the Camry off the lot. How much I've grown and learned and lived. How many things that I dreamed about then that didn't come true and, yet, here I am so blessed and so happy that I wouldn't altar a single moment of any of it.

Everything changes... but some things... even if it is just the old Toyota you drive, some things stay the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment