Thursday, October 11, 2012

love it & really?

Sorry for the lack of posts! Broken laptops can do that... that and my complete lack of motivation to do basically anything but spend time with Brandon... 




Love it.

- Baby clothes. I mean, could there be anything cuter? Imagine perfect little outfits that your husband would wear except 10 times smaller. And you better believe my son is going to be dressed like a little Brandon-mini-me.
- I think it's finally starting to hit Brandon that we're going to have a baby in less than 3 months (and, no, it hasn't quite hit me yet). There's nothing that makes my eyes swell with tears more then having him rub my belly and talk to our little boy. He tells our son all the things he plans on teaching him and showing him and how excited he is to meet him. Fatherhood is going to look good on that man.
- Baby consignment shops. Could there be anything greater? A seersucker romper for $3? Yes please. Sweet little onesies that still have the tags on them for 50 cents? Don't mind if I do. It's like crack for mommies.
- My subtle cravings for carrot cake and strawberry Pop Tarts. I don't hate it. My thighs do... but I don't.
- People are finally starting to notice that I have a belly from being pregnant and not from being a complete fatty! (Insert angel's chorus here.)
- Surprise dates with my husband. I gotta tell you... not much can make me giddier than having Brandon call me on his way home from work and tell me to get dressed because he's taking me out for a night on the town. Holding hands across the table, sharing dessert, and laughing until it literally hurts makes me fall for him even more (and I didn't even know that was possible). 


Really?

- Maternity clothes. You're given two choices: ugly as sin or expensive as sin. I had finally found a maternity line that I loved except there was ZERO justification to spend $220 on a top that I'd only wear for two months. Looks like I'll be sticking to my trusty leggings and oversized sweatshirts. Sexyy.
- Acid reflux. There's nothing I love more then vomiting in my mouth and being forced to swallow it for hours at a time. Get Tums, they said... it'll help, they said. They're all liars. Kill. Me. Now.
- People who judge me for choosing to go with a midwife for my unsedated delivery. I can't even tell you how many stare at me wide-eyed and tell me I'm crazy when I tell them I don't want an epidural or to deliver with an OBGYN. (This is a rant for another post on another day...).
- Aaand my insomnia has gotten worse. God, I hope this is just prep for the baby and not for the rest of my life. It'd be nice to sleep for periods of longer than 2 hours at a time.
- Holy nipples. 'Nuff said. 
- And umm... where has my belly button gone? If you find it, please send it home. 
- About this "nesting" faze... I'd like to get in on that. Motivation to clean something would be killer right about now. 
- Getting the email from my midwife congratulating me on entering my third trimester. And to inform me that in the next 3 months I should be expected to gain 11 pounds. That's like me adding TWO Lola's to my midsection. No ma'am.... ain't nobody got time for that. 
- And don't ask how... but Brandon and I definitely watched a video of Ricky Lake giving birth. My eyes are still burning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment