Wednesday, May 22, 2013

5 months.


My sweet boy is 5 months!

Well 5 months and 2 days if you want to get technical. My days/weeks/months are flying by so quickly that by the time I got around to taking theses pictures, it was already May 22nd. And this little boy is changing so quickly.

Ty really is so much fun these days but I must admit... I can get nothing done. It took me six hours to fold two loads of laundry yesterday! Seriously... Ty takes up 98% of my time which I am totally fine with but my house is paying quite the price for it. 

Playing with Ty is so much fun... his smiles, laughs, and belly-chuckles have me constantly making the strangest noises and acting a fool just to get one more. He's definitely more 'talkative' these days too, as our little man has definitely discovered his voice and figured out which high pitched screams squeals get our attention. He's also figured us out when it comes to crying - he often will let out a few fake cries and then look around to see who's coming to his rescue. He's getting quite good at this and all too often, Brandon and I are played the fool. 

Ty really, really is such a good baby, though - only crying when he's tired, hungry, or not feeling well. Brandon and I are constantly confessing to each other how much we truly love him. 




(I tried to adjust him and he pulled up on me... as soon as he did his hand went straight to his mouth... haha!)


(Baby boy has been sucking on that bottom lip practically non-stop for the past few days. Guess teething is on the horizon...)

Age: 5 months old! 
Weight: ***
Height: ***
Eating: Ty is still exclusively on breastmilk and he will be for one more month... at 6 months we will start solids!!!



( ...and he discovered the zebra...)

( ...going in for the kill...)

( ...success!!!)

Tyson likes: Being outside, standing, more standing, and even more standing. Bathtime. "Flying". His wubbanub. Anything that makes a 'crinkling' noise (like his wipes bag). Putting everything in his mouth. His doorway bouncer (although he doesn't really bounce... really he just walks around in circles and drools everywhere). 

Tyson dislikes: He still hates when I put lotion on him after a bath. Getting in his carseat (although once he's in it, he's fine). And although I know there's more... I'm currently drawing a blank.




Best Moment of the Month? This is going to seem kind of silly but earlier this month, I handed Ty over to Brandon so that I could go take a shower. When I walked out the room, Ty began to cry. When I walked back in to see why he was crying he looked at me, stopped crying, and reached out his arms as if he wanted me to hold him. I know that it probably wasn't the best moment for Brandon but it was awesome to know that he wanted me. That he recognizes me. That he misses me when I'm gone. It makes all of the sacrifices - the lack of sleep, the lack of bathing, the lack of personal time, the lack of hot meals (or meals in general) - worth it.  :)
Milestones? Ty still hasn't rolled over but he really is so close. He's picking things up and mimicking all facial expressions and noises. It's so freaking cute. 

1 comment: