Thursday, May 16, 2013

the best days.

I've got to tell you, this past Sunday was amazing. I never knew I would enjoy a holiday as much as I enjoyed Mother's Day. I can't even begin to express how blessed I felt from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to sleep. But I suppose that was pretty much like every other day. 


I was never one of those girls that wanted to get married and have a baby on the fly -- so quick after tying the knot. Finish college, travel a little more?? I had other things on my mind. I for sure wanted to be a mother, but it wasn't on my immediate radar of things to do right after we got married. If I would have known how amazing motherhood is, I would have been on that wagon 2.7 seconds after saying "I do". 

It was just a little less than 5 months ago that my sweet miracle was brought into this world to make me a Mother. Seriously. How lucky am I?? That I was chosen to carry and create this baby doll. My mind is still to this day boggled by the entire process... from our surprise conception to birth... the entire thing was absolutely amazing and I wouldn't change a single thing about it.

It blows my mind that I get to be this kid's mom and that man's wife. 


I mean, do you ever wake up and just want to pinch yourself? Like really, really hard? Because surely there's no way you can be this lucky. 

I'm smack in the middle of all the things in life that I've wished for. 

I have the best little family. With these boys, especially the boy that I married, I am one blessed little lady. Sometimes I feel so acutely and brutally aware that these are the best days of my life. That all of these moments I'm breathing in are the moments I'll spend the rest of my life remembering with fondness, wishing to revisit. Sometimes I catch myself wishing I could have a camcorder taped behind my eyeballs so that I can record every second and come back and watch it again and again and not miss a single moment.


 
I am just SO grateful I get to do this, to be this boy's mama, to be this man's wife, to do what I do and live where I live and love these boys that I love so very, very much. I wonder what I must have done in a past life to deserve all this. Like, maybe I was Abraham Lincoln or something once... I don't know. That's possible, right? I don't know... that's all that I can figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment