Saturday, May 11, 2013

mother's day.

Mom - 
What can I really say here that will do justice to express just how much I love you. You gave me life and have helped me make the most of it by giving me the confidence to be myself. You have always been my biggest cheerleader, attending every extracurricular activity that I was involved in and cheering on my personal successes. You have stood by me when I've messed up and even kicked my butt a little when I needed it. Through good times and hard times, you've been my shining example of a woman who loves freely and unconditionally. 


There are few things that I love more than looking through old pictures --- especially ones of you. I think I've poured through my baby album, like what, a million times? But I've never noticed these before. 




This one in particular has got to be my new favorite.


I know this feeling. I know exactly what you're thinking, what you're feeling, what complete happiness it is to have a part of yourself snuggled so safely in your arms. And on Mother's Day today I just want to say thank you for loving me that much. For always holding me when I needed it. For being such an incredible, incredible mother. And for now being such a wonderful GranNan to my son. I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment