Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I've never met an August rainstorm I didn't like.

The title of this post is so true. 

I mean, can I get an amen

Usually, August here in Louisiana brings 100+ degree weather which means that unless Ty and I can sneak our outdoor time in before 8 a.m. (which most mornings, we do) then we get to spend 95% of the day indoors. Sweat, heat, and mosquitos are just not on the agenda, knowwhatImean?

But this past Sunday, it had rained most of the afternoon and was quite overcast for most of the day and around 5 p.m. we stepped outside to let little Miss Lola out to potty and it was a crisp low-80's degrees. 

To say that I sprinted to the closet to put on my tennis shoes is an understatement. From the moment of the heat index discovery to the moment of our arrival at the Goodwood City Park was probably a total of 5 minutes. I was ready to enjoy and bask in the cold-for-August-in-Louisiana summer air. 

Since the playground was littered with children when we first arrived, I decided to whip out the stroller and get in a little cardio. After, walking briskly for, like, 20 miles 3 miles, we finally headed over to the swingsets. 

I'm not going to lie here and this is going to sound pretty cheesy, but when I was pregnant, I used to drive by that Park and imagine pushing my little baby on those swings. It was surreal to actually walk up to them holding my little Tyson Lee and put him in them and his reaction to them was even better than I could have ever imagined. 





We had so much fun. 

With the weather being slightly cooler I got a small little case of butterflies because it made me so excited for Autumn and colder weather all that fun stuff like scarves and tall riding boots and big red wool coats and pecan pie and halloween and warm cider and the colorful leaves and etc etc etc. I'm getting a little ahead of myself for sure here, and I do this every year, but can you really blame me? How is Autumn not everyone's favorite season?

Back to our swinging... 

Toward the end, Ty got tired and began chewing on the swing. 


Lately he's been chewing on everything and being extra clingy... not particularly fussy, just won't let me out of his sight. So much so that I had to create a play-space in the kitchen so he could watch me cook and do the dishes. 


Little did I know it was because little Mr. Tyson Lee was cutting his first tooth! 

Yep, my favorite little guy has his first tooth! It's bittersweet because I sure am going to miss that little gummy grin. 

1 comment: