Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ty's 1st trip to the Aquarium of the Americas!

Brandon and I decided that we are going to do our best to start the tradition of doing one family outing a week - no cellphones, no distractions, just us and our little Tyson Lee. 

To start this tradition, we decided to visit the Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans. Brandon was worried that Ty wouldn't be able to enjoy it, but after we made a quick visit to Bass Pro Shop in Denham Springs last week and Ty was completely enamored by the small and dingy fish in their little aquarium, I knew that Ty would love seeing the bright and colorful fish at the Aquarium of the Americas! And he did! He was able to follow where we were pointing and would even strain his neck to watch the fish as we walked away. Overall, I would say that for the age he is, we actually had a great time and the trip exceeded our expectations greatly! Even though we know Ty will never be able to recall this trip, it's definitely one that Brandon and I will remember forever!

Brandon was the cutest pointing out all of the fish for Ty. And then waiting patiently for another big, bright fish to swim by so that Ty could see it. 


Tell me these two boys aren't the cutest? I'm a pretty lucky lady. 


First family photo of the trip! Before I asked the random stranger, Brandon muttered under his breath, "So it's going to be one of those trips, huh?" My poor husband haaates taking tons of pictures. But aside from that comment and a stray roll of the eyes here or there, he was a good sport throughout the entire outing (and the insane amount of pictures I requested)!









This was probably one of my favorite parts of our visit to the Aquarium... fighting the pack of 3-5 year olds to the front of the penguin exhibit was challenge enough, and I was certain that we wouldn't actually be able to get even semi-close to actually seeing a penguin up close enough where Ty would be able to see it, but just as Brandon sat down with Ty, the cutest little penguin came up and just swam up and down for a full 5 minutes. Ty loved it!




 It's funny... when Brandon and I stopped to take a family photo in this giant shark jaw, Brandon pointed out that the last time we had come to the aquarium and posed in that jaw, Brandon and I had only been dating for a couple of months. If only we had known that the next time we'd be posing in that thing, we'd be with our first born... :)



Tyson loooved this seahorse! Haha!





Do you think this kid is going to love to drive, or what? Geez... 



And since Brandon missed getting the whole turtle in the first picture....


Look what my boys caught me for dinner! Haha!





"No, daddy, I'm not done looking..." 



We found Nemo!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been on one of your adventures. You know I'm all about taking millions of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best pics ever!! And I second Michelle! I want to do an adventure, too!

    ReplyDelete