Friday, September 6, 2013

8 MONTHS!!!


How fun has this month been? This past month has by far been my most favorite month to date! (I also said this every month before this one...) But I have truly been beside myself with excitement with all of Ty's new developments and his budding personality!

Ty is turning out to be quite the little ham... constantly squealing and babbling and making his daddy and I roll with laughter. In fact, I don't think I've ever laughed as often and as hard as I have within this past month! 

Ty is becoming quite the busy-body and spending the days coming up with new ways to capture his attention has become quite a fun challenge. He is becoming a master climber and has begun pulling up on anything and everything he can get his hands on, whether that be the sofa, a toy, or another baby. He's become closer and closer to crawling and I'm finding myself constantly removing items I hadn't previously thought of as unsafe from our home. Ty is quickly showing us that we still have a lot of baby-proofing to do.  


It also seems that our little stud has discovered his voice and he spends many hours a day just screaming at the top of his lungs. This is not to be confused with crying... this is actual screaming (imagine you're on a rollercoaster with a 12 year old girl). His screams are shrill and loud and even after my ears are ringing, I still can't help but laugh at every one. 

If I thought taking his monthly pictures were hard before... I was wrong. I could not get the kid to sit still, as you will see below. These pictures were actually taken the day after he turned 8 months, on August 21st, but I just haven't had the opportunity to upload them and complete this post. 








Age: 8 months old! 
Weight: 18 pounds 7 ounces
Height: ***
Eating: Ty is still breastfeeding and we're now at 3 feedings of baby food a day! Our typical day, as far as food is concerned, is a breakfast of rice cereal or oatmeal mixed with fruit for breakfast. Pureed veggies for lunch. And a high protein baby food for dinner (think sweet potatoes and turkey or chicken, veggies, and rice.) He's also doing small finger foods of fruits, veggies, and even bread every now and then. It's amazing how far he's come in the past 3 months! We're still breastfeeding 4-5 times a day... mainly before naptimes and at night. Other than that, he drinks water out of a bottle. 







Tyson likes: Pulling up on anything and everything, swinging, taking baths, balls, trying new foods, chewing on drink straws, being outside, cuddling, watching Lola, his wubbanub, being in water... any water.  

Tyson dislikes: His carseat, long rides, not being able to stand up, having his dad or I walk out of his sight (even if just for a moment). 



Best moment of the month: I love watching Ty begin to crawl and blossom into the rambunctious little ham that he is. His laughs and huge grins make my heart so full.  

Milestones: Ty has begun to "crawl", eat solid finger foods, and pull up on his own! 




1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were still blogging here! sneaky-sneaky ;)

    ReplyDelete