Wednesday, June 26, 2013

HALF A YEAR!


Ty is officially 6 months old! I can not believe that it has been half a year since my little angel was first introduced to this world... it's just crazy how quickly the time is passing! June 20th was his actual 6 month birthday but after his 6-month vaccinations, he was not in the mood to be posed and photographed. In fact, these vaccinations were the hardest yet. Ty cried for about 4 days straight, he hardly slept, and was not his usual happy-go-lucky self. It was exceptionally hard on myself, knowing how bad he was feeling and I put off doing all housework, etc. so that I could cuddle him for hours on end. Unfortunately, even though he is feeling much better now, his sleep pattern has not adjusted back to "pre-vaccinations" and we are still waking up 6-10 times a night. I am one exhausted momma. 

Sleeplessness aside, Ty is so much fun these days. He is playing with toys, interacting with us like never before, and talking up a storm. He spends 90% of his day smiling and laughing and Brandon and I spend hours on the floor playing with him. 

SO much has happened this past month that I know I'm bound to forget something. He's sitting up unsupported (although still a wee bit wobbly), rolls over from stomach to back, is grabbing everything, and is blowing raspberries like it ain't noone's business! This past month we got into the pool with him for the first time, started solid foods, bought him a ton of new toys, and had him dedicated at church. 






Age: 6 months old! 
Weight: 16 pounds 8 ounces
Height: ***
Eating: Ty is still breastfeeding but he started solid food at about 5 and a half months. At first we weren't successful but after my pediatrician suggested that we buy store-bought baby food since it is a finer texture, he has loved it! 

You will notice in these pictures below that my hand is in a few of them... I'm not so sure if we will continue doing the bench picture since I am so scared he is going to dive-bomb off of it. 






Tyson likes: Bouncing in his doorway bouncer (this has become hilariously fun), his wubbanub, Sophie le Giraffe, chewing on everything his hands can get on (including his hands and toes), being outside, having his momma sing The Wheels on the Bus (over and over and over again), having his daddy throw him up in the air, belly kisses, blowing raspberries, watching Lola (he thinks she is hysterical), eating carrots and peas, and standing. 

Tyson dislikes: Getting in his carseat (this is becoming quite the battle), being in his carseat, doing one activity for longer than 5 minutes (except bouncing and standing, of course), being laid on his back, having something out of his reach. 

"Seriously, mom?! Get me out of here!"

"Whatever... I'm over this. And I just left you a nice little surprise in my diaper."

Best Moment of the Month: Of course, I'm extremely proud of his developing skills. I jumped for joy the first time he rolled over and starting solids has been so much fun (messy, but fun). Every laugh and smile makes me beam with joy. But I've got to say, probably the best moment was when I walked into the room and Ty reached up for me for the first time. The emotion I feel when Ty reaches for me still takes me by surprise every time. That feeling is like no other. He wants me, because I am his mom. I love, love, love it. 
Milestones: Sitting up unsupported, rolling over stomach to back, starting solids, and like I said... I'm sure there's a ton more but the lack of sleep has turned my brain to mush. 

Check out that posture!! Haha!




And just for fun... let me introduce you to Mr. Emo-Ty:

One minute we're angry....


Then 3 seconds later we're happy again!


Brandon claims he gets that from me... 

1 comment: