Sunday, February 3, 2013

6 week check-in

I feel as though I might start every single post with, "Oh my goodness, has it been (insert amount of time here) already? Where has the time gone?!". But seriously... 

So Ty is 6 weeks old. And it's nuts. Mainly because he's already changed so much. He's had a few smiles (whether they're accidental or on purpose is still debatable but, hey, we still love them...), he can follow us with his eyes, and when we walk into a room and begin to speak, he actually looks for us by following our voices. These are tiny steps in the grand scheme of Ty's development but it's so amazingly awesome to watch this little boy grow. 


We're also already seeing little tidbits of his personality shining through. For example, if he's being a bit fussy, taking him outside will calm him down. He loooves the sights and sounds of the outdoors. He hates being woken up... or just waking up in general, for that matter (a lot like his daddy...). He's ticklish. And even becoming a wee bit talkative. But most of all (and my most favorite), he's a super snuggler. I seriously hope he likes to cuddle me until he's in junior high. Maybe even until high school. Or college for that matter. 


Most of my days I feel like we're really not all that busy but I'm finding that I can't ever find time to get anything done. I have thank you cards sitting on my dining room table that still need to be written and it's been a couple of weeks since any of our laundry has been folded but I suppose this is because when Ty is awake (and this is much more often now), I hate hate hate just leaving him in his MamaRoo or bouncer to accomplish a few chores. I'm all about stimulating him and introducing him to new sounds and sights and senses. I'll sing to him (everything from lullabies, to Hootie & the Blowfish, to my girl Britney Spears), we'll dance, I'll read to him, put different textured items in his hands so that he can feel them, and if the weather's nice we'll sit outside on the swing or do tummy-time on a blanket in the grass. I talk to him all day long, make faces at him, play with his fingers and toes, and kiss him probably a little more than necessary. 


Of course, I've also learned that there is such a thing as over-stimulating a baby and if Ty begins to get a little fussy from this, we'll take it easy for the rest of the day with naps and quiet time. Luckily, my baby is not much of a crier, but when he does cry (even though I hate it) it is seriously the cutest.


But for the most part, my little man is totally loving taking everything in. And I love watching him take it all in. So those clothes that need to folded can wait until tomorrow... 

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good Mommy Katie. Ty is one lucky kiddo, and I am one blessed Grandma. I love you, and can't wait to see you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 was supposed to be a heart. I will stick to X&Os :)

      Delete