Friday, December 7, 2012

birthday boy.

Today is Brandon's 29th birthday! 


I'm sure everyone says this about the love of their lives but I truly feel, with every breath and every beat of my heart, that I am the luckiest girl in the world to have found someone so amazing, loving, and kind to spend the rest of my life with. I thank God every day for him. Every single day. 

But today is a special day for someone else, too. Today, 29 years ago, Brandon's mom, Ms. Teresa, became a mommy. 

I guess before I got pregnant I always thought of a person's birthday as their day. And in many, many ways it is. Today we are celebrating Brandon turning another year older. Another year of love and laughter and many surprises. I get 365 more days to fall more in love with him. But it's also Ms. Teresa's day... 29 years ago it was her birth-day. The day she had spent 9 months preparing for... sewing his first quilt, hanging (or attempting to hang) wallpaper in his nursery, and learning to love the little boy whom she had not yet met but would become one of her greatest accomplishments. And 29 years ago today, Brandon was born and although Brandon doesn't remember it.... she does. 

And so this is to Ms. Teresa:

I know that the day I will become a mother will be one of my most favorite days. And today is that day for you. I still have yet to experience the kind of love that you have for Brandon and I truly can not wait to finally hold Ty and smell him and hear him. I truly have some wonderful examples of motherhood in my life and I'm so glad that you are one of them. I want you to know that you did such a good job raising Brandon. He is such a good man. Such a loving husband. And he is going to be an amazing, amaaazing father. I hope and pray that Ty will be just like his daddy. And I have you to thank for that. I hope you know how much we love you... how lucky I feel to have such a wonderful mother-in-law... and how lucky Ty will be to have you as his Grandma. So Happy Birth-day! And thanks for this guy: 

2 comments: