Wednesday, November 7, 2012

love it & really?

First and foremost, Lola and Ty are going to play "Who Wore It Better?" because she just looves wearing his baby clothes. 


Actually I'm lying. She hates it. And me, for making her do it. But she's such a good sport. 

Love it.

- Ty is officially getting getting BIG. My little man is weighing just under 4 pounds and gaining about AN OUNCE a day!
- Having Brandon away for work during the past 2 weeks but still getting to see him yesterday and the day before because he was staying in hotels only a short drive away. Yay for cuddles!
- The little road-trip my mom and I are going to take this weekend to Houston so that we can pick up some of Ty's first furniture! And let the nursery decorating OFFICIALLY begin!!!
- Having the energy and patience to do Wal-Mart during rush hour. It's a pregnancy miracle!
- Brandon telling me that he just loves our family so much. Our family. Whoa. We've officially started one of those.
- Passing my glucose test with flying colors! And according to my mid-wife, my blood pressure and iron levels are "textbook perfect"! Yipeee!
- And because no "love it" post would be complete without the mention of food - the vegetable lo mein I just inhaled was pretty flippin' amaaaazing. 

Really?

- The fantasy I have of bed-pans. Kinda mortifying that I actually fantasize about being able to pee without leaving the comfort of my bed but I totally do. 
- Eating an entire pecan pie by myself in a 3-day time period. Oh, the gluttony. 
- My butt is literally getting flat and wide. Is granny-ass a pregnancy side effect? Because it should be. 
- Pregger brain running dry. Brandon, at this stage, probably thinks he married an idiot. 
- Hypnobirthing. I took a class and I sucked. My mind just does not have the capability to completely calm itself into nothingness and total relaxation. Instead, I was that girl that couldn't stop giggling. And when I tried to stop, it just made matters worse and I giggled harder and louder. What am I? A thirteen year old? 
- Looking at myself naked in the bathroom mirror (what? you do it. just because you don't announce it to everyone....) and realizing that my belly is becoming the shelf to house my ta-tas. Part of me is like, Yay! My boobies are getting big! and the other part of me is like, Dude. Look at your stomach. Look. At. It. You're a whale.
- And while we're on the subject of being totally inappropriate... pregnancy causes constipation, ya know? So when the deed is done, I feel the need to let Brandon know. And he responds with a "Good job, hun!" and we really are both so excited. It's totally weird but I kinda love it. Now I'm just debating whether I should buy a potty chart to hang on the fridge to put gold stars on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment