Friday, July 6, 2012

Love It & Really??


Love It:

  • Just KNOWING that I'm pregnant. That there's a little bean growing inside of me. That it has a heartbeat and has tiny little fingers and toes  and tiny little teeth. And in 6 months I'll be tickling and loving all over those little body parts. 
  • How sweet Brandon is about everything. And how he refers to me as "you guys" now... as in "Hey babe, on your way home from work, can you guys pick up some milk?" A constant affectionate reminder that even though I'm barely showing, I still have another human growing inside of me.
  • How fabulous our moms' have been. Both Brandon's mom and my mom have been ecstatic and, truth-be-told, it's really helped me forget about the anxiety I experience from time to time. I love hearing them talk about what they're going to do with their first grandbaby. It makes my heart happy. (My mom even bought Baby S's first toy... hence the pic above of the pup with the LSU hat on backwards... something she said reminded her of Brandon so much that she just had to get it. I personally love it.)
  • Having Brandon remind me to take my prenatal vitamins. Every. Single. Day. It's so cute how concerned he is over whether Baby S and I are getting enough folic acid...
  • Getting the emails from BabyCenter.com about my baby's weekly developments. You mean to tell me he/she's the size of a medium shrimp this week?! And then having Brandon proceed to call the Baby "our little shrimpie" for the entire week... until next week when it will be "our little lemon".

Really??:

  • God's sense of humor. I remember telling a good friend once that morning sickness was "all in your head" and that I just knew that I would never experience it. Joke's on me. Feeling like legit donkey poop 70% of the day has not been awesome. 
  • Peeing. All. The. Time. Seriously, I must pee like 30 times a day now. Swear.
  • My insane emotions. Today I cried over a Jif commercial. Like hysterical bawling. Over a peanut butter commercial where a dad built his daughter a treehouse and so she made him a sandwich. Even just thinking about it now is making me tear up. My God, see what I'm talking about??!
  • People finding out I'm pregnant and then telling me their dang horror stories! I don't want to hear that you were in labor for 32 hours or that you gained so much weight people didn't recognize you or that you didn't sleep for the first 6 months of the babies life! I'm doing everything possible to freak myself out, thank you very much... I don't need your help. 
  • Insomnia. And this is no joke. I wake up every hour on the hour... and then it takes a full 30 minutes to fall back asleep. I wake up over every little noise... whether it's the A/C unit kicking on, Lola sneezing, or Brandon letting out a little snore. Doesn't matter... I'm up. And then I realize I have to pee. And then I might as well start knitting because I'm wide awake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment